. . .
I think I might have just invented the world's best Mac & Cheese.
And I think I'm going to put the recipe up.
I don't have much else to say,
... But you might want to turn your oven on.
The World's Best Mac & Cheese
Ingredients (Serves 3 people)
- Macaroni 450g
- Whole White Mushrooms 227g (1 package)
- Pancetta 150g
- Mild Cheddar, grated 1 cup + 1/2 cup for topping
- Gruyère, grated 1 cup + 1/2 cup for topping
- White Wine ~
- Heavy Cream (35%) 3 cups
- Parsley ~
1) Cook the macaroni in boiling water. You can use any type of macaroni, but I prefer this type...
2) Cut the mushrooms into thick slices (about 2cm) and the pancetta into small cubes
3) Grate 1 cup of cheddar as well as 1 cup of Gruyère and combine the two. Grate 1/2 cup of each for the topping to use at the end and keep it aside.
5) Cook the mushrooms in the same frying pan and add the cooked pancetta. When the two are well combined, add a splash of white wine and season with salt and pepper.
6) Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cream. Simmer until the flavours are well combined and add some chopped parsley at the end.
7) Throw in the grated cheese and stir well until the cheese is melted and the mixture combined.
8) Pour the mixture into the pot of macaroni and mix well.
9) Transfer into a baking dish, sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and bake at 375°F (180°C) for about 25 minutes.
And there you have it.
Have some kleenex handy and be prepared to cry for this piece of art ! : p